All About Go Gallery Contest!
In an effort to build the All About Go Gallery, we are holding a contest in search of the best Go-related art, photography, digital images, poems, and stories. The person who submits the winning piece in each category will receive a free teaching game from Csaba Mero, European 6-dan and former insei.
Official Contest Rules
Please review these rules before entering the All About Go Gallery Contest (the ‘Contest’). When you enter our Contest, you retain all ownership rights to your submissions. We will not sell or redistribute your work. These rules ask for your non-exclusive permission to allow us to display your work on this website. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- By entering the Contest, you agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of AllAboutGo.com relating to the Contest, which are final in all respects.
- Anyone may enter the Contest. If you are under the age of 18 you must have the permission of your parent or legal guardian and they must have approved of and consented to you entering the Contest, submitting your entry, and being bound by the Official Rules applying to the Contest.
- By entering the Contest, you acknowledge and warrant that the submitted entry is original work created solely by you and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Photograph. You give AllAboutGo.com a royalty free, worldwide non-exclusive right to display your image on the website, with appropriate attribution to the creator of the entry.
- Entries must be related to the game of Go in some way. Obscene, offensive or otherwise objectionable content will not be considered, and such determination is solely at the discretion of AllAboutGo.com.
- Entries must be received by AllAboutGo.com no later than 23:59 PDT on Monday, September 13th, 2010.
How does it work?
After all the entries have been received, the Contest judges will select a number of finalists. These finalists will be announced, and a two-week voting period will begin during which the public may vote for their favourite works. The five winning entries will be announced two weeks after the voting period begins, and their creators will each receive a teaching game from Csaba Mero.
There will be one winner in each category: Photographs, Artwork, Digital Images, Stories, Poetry.
“Photographs” refer to any picture made using a camera, which is unaltered by image manipulation software (at the discretion of the Contest judges, minor “touch-up” changes may be acceptable).
“Artwork” refers to paintings, drawings, or other images created without the use of a camera or image manipulation software.
“Digital Images” refer to images created with the use of image manipulation software, including modified photographs.
“Stories” may be fictional or non-fictional. There is no limit to the number of words, pages, etc.
“Poetry” may be submitted in any format. There is no limit to the number of words, pages, etc.
How Do I Enter?
To enter the contest, please e-mail your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name, title of the entry, and a brief description of the entry as well as any other information you may wish to include. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit to the Contest. However, please only send one email per entry.